- Create a special landing page, leading to final destination.
- Harvest email addresses for future use such as a newsletter to promote next book!
- Hold a virtual book tour.
- Hold a Twitter chat.
- Include author’s social media info where applicable in book.
- Create a book pitch for 3 different lengths of time.
- Use copy from book for tweets that link to order page.
- If there is time for pre-ordering books, heavily push that everywhere.
- Create author videos. People love behind-the-scenes stuff and to hear from authors.
- Develop lists for potential speaking engagements.
- Develop a list of people to ask to do reviews.
- Create copy for Twitter / Facebook posts so people can easily share.
- Be sure to claim author’s real estate on Top 5 social media platforms. Then include copy directing them to the more frequently used platforms.
- Negotiate with your fulfillment center to include a bookmark with the new book information as well as Social Media information in current shipment’s book orders. (This is assuming you already have a book. Or partner with non-competitive book author to include a bookmark in their shipment.)
- Create house ads about your book and stream them throughout your website. (House ads are simply ads about your products or services.)
Here are a few more sources you might find helpful when promoting your book.
We would love to hear your ideas as well. Add them in the comments and we might tweet them!